The Service is an experimental project that has been optimized for various languages by machine translation for the world’s important encyclopedias and databases after receiving authorization from each publishing company. A lot of the pre-translated information has been published or provided for Japan, and there is a possibility that there are mistranslations due to such machine translation.
Article 1 (Application)
- The purpose of the Terms is to stipulate the conditions for the Service and the relationship of rights and obligations between the Company and the user, and they will apply to all matters between the user and the Company in relation to the use of the Service.
- The rules related to the use of the Service that the Company posts on the Company’s website will comprise a portion of the Terms.
- In the event that the rules of the previous clause or other explanations about the Service in documents other than the Terms differ from the Terms, the provisions of the Terms will be applied preferentially.
Article 2 (Definitions)
The words and phrases below that are used in the Terms will have the meanings stipulated in each of the items below.
- "Service use agreement" means the Terms and a use agreement for the Service that will be concluded between the Company and the user.
- "Intellectual property rights" mean the copyrights, patent rights, utility model rights, design rights, trademark rights and other intellectual property rights (including rights to obtain such rights or apply for registration of such rights).
- "Posted data" means the content (including but not limited to text, images, videos, and other data) that the user posted or otherwise sent by using the Service.
- "Company" means the Voyage Group Inc.
- "Service" means the service named "Mimir" (in the event that the name or content of the service has been changed, irrespective of the reason, including the service after the relevant change) that is provided by the Company.
- "User" means an individual who uses the Service.
Article 3 (Prohibited matters)
When using the Service, the user may not conduct actions that fall under any of the items below or actions that the Company will judge as falling under any of the items below.
- Actions that violate a law or ordinance or actions related to a criminal action
- Fraud or threatening actions against the Company, another user of the Service, or another third party
- Actions that violate public order and morals
- Actions that infringe intellectual property rights, portrait rights, privacy rights, honor, or other rights or interests of the Company, another user of the Service, or another third party
- Use of the Service to send to the Company or another user of the Service information that falls under the criteria below or that the Company will judge as falling under the criteria below:
- Information that includes excessively violent or cruel expressions
- Information that includes a computer virus or another harmful computer program
- Information that includes expressions that will damage the honor or reputation of the Company, another user of the Service, or another third party
- Information that includes excessively obscene expressions
- Information that includes expressions that promote discrimination
- Information that includes expressions that promote suicide or actions of self-harm
- Information that includes expressions that promote inappropriate use of drugs
- Information that includes antisocial expressions
- Information that requests diffusion of information to third parties, such as chain mail
- Information that includes expressions that will cause other people to feel unpleasant
- Actions that place an excessive burden on the network or system of the Service
- Actions that may hinder operation of the Service
- Actions of fraudulently accessing or attempting to fraudulently access the network or system of the Company
- Actions of impersonating a third party
- Actions of using the ID or password of another user of the Service
- Publicity, advertisements, invitations, or business actions on the Service without receiving the Company’s permission in advance
- Collection of information about other users of the Service
- Actions that cause disadvantages, damage, or unpleasant feelings about the Company, another user of the Service, or another third party
- Actions that infringe the rules related to the use of the Service as posted on the Company’s website
- Provision of advantages to antisocial forces
- Actions that directly or indirectly cause or facilitate an action of one of the items above
- Other actions that the Company will judge as inappropriate
Article 4 (Suspension of the Service)
- In a case that falls under any of the items below, the Company can suspend or discontinue provision of all or a portion of the Service without notifying the user in advance.
- A case in which inspection or maintenance work for a computer system related to the Service will be urgently conducted
- A case in which suspension was conducted for a problem with a computer or a communication line
- A case in which it has become impossible to operate the Service because of force majeure, such as an earthquake, lightning strike, fire, wind or flood damage, power outage, or natural disaster
- Other cases in which the Company has judged that suspension or interruption is necessary
- The Company will not bear any liability for damage incurred by the user based on measures that the Company took based on this article.
Article 5 (Attribution of rights)
- All intellectual property rights related to the Service attribute to the Company or a party that has granted a license to the Campany, and a license to use the Service based on the Terms does not mean a license to use the intellectual property rights of the Company or a party that has granted a license to the Campany in relation to the Company’s website or the Service.
- The user will declare and guarantee to the Company that he or she possesses the lawful rights for posting or otherwise sending posted data, and that posted data does not infringe the rights of third parties.
- The user will give the Company a worldwide, non-exclusive, free-of-charge, sub-licensable, and transferrable license related to use, duplication, distribution, creation of derivative works, display, and execution for posted data. This will include but not be limited to posting to other media and publishing as published works the images, videos, and text that are posted by the user.
- The user agrees to not exercise the moral rights of an author against the Company or parties to which the Company has succeeded or licensed rights.
Article 6 (Advertisements)
- Advertisements will be displayed on the Service. The Company does not offer any guarantees whatsoever concerning the truth, completeness, lack of defects, safety (including but not limited to the fact that dishonest programs such as computer viruses are not included), or lawfulness of the content of the advertisements on the Service, sites to which links are made in the advertisements, or any information related to products that are introduced in such advertisements.
- Even in the event that the user has incurred damage from accessing such an advertisement, except in cases caused by the Company’s deliberate intention or gross negligence, the Company will not bear liability for the relevant damage.
Article 7 (Change of the content of the Service, and ending)
- The Company can, based on the Company’s circumstances, change the Service or end its provision. In the event that the Company will end the Service, the Company will notify the user in advance.
- The Company will not bear any liability whatsoever for damage incurred by the user based on measures implemented by the Company based on this article.
Article 8 (Denial of guarantees, and exemptions)
- The Company does not make any guarantees about the fact that the Service is suited to a specific purpose of the user; that it has the expected functions, product value, accuracy, or usefulness; that the user’s use of the Service conforms to laws, ordinances, or industrial groups’ internal regulations that apply to the user; or that problems will not arise.
- The Company will not bear any liability whatsoever for compensation for interruption, suspension, ending, inability to use, or change of the Company’s provision of the Service, deletion or elimination of messages or information that the user sent to the Service, cancellation of the user’s registration, deletion of registered data or malfunction or damage of equipment due to use of the Service, or other damage incurred by the user in relation to the Service.
- The Company will not bear any liability whatsoever for transactions, contact, or disputes that arise between the user and another user or a third party in relation to the Service or the Company’s website.
Article 9 (Maintenance of confidentiality)
Except in cases in which the Company’s prior written consent has been obtained, the user will confidentially handle information that is not public knowledge and that the Company disclosed to the user after requesting confidential handling in relation to the Service.
Article 10 (Handling of the user’s information)
- The Company can, at the Company’s discretion, use or publicly disclose information and data that the user has provided to the Company, as statistical information in a form in which individuals cannot be identified, and the user will not object to this.
Article 11 (Changes of the Terms)
The Company can change the Terms. In the event that the Terms have been changed, the Company will notify the user of the relevant change, and in the event that after notification of the relevant change the user used the Service or did not conduct the procedures for cancelling registration within the period stipulated by the Company, it will be deemed that the user agreed to the change in the Terms.
Article 12 (Contact and notification)
Inquiries related to the Service, other contact or notification from the user to the Company, notification related to changes of the Terms, and other contact or notification from the Company to the user will be conducted by the method stipulated by the Company.
Article 13 (Assignment of position under the service use agreement)
- The user cannot, without the Company’s prior written consent, assign or transfer to a third party, set as collateral, or otherwise dispose of a position under the service use agreement or rights or obligations based on the Terms.
- In the event that work for the Service has been assigned to another company, the Company can assign to the party that received that work assignment the positions under the service use agreement and the rights and obligations based on the Terms in association with that work assignment, and the user’s registered matters and other customer information, and it will be deemed that the user agreed in advance to assignment under this clause. The work assignment stipulated in this clause will include not only ordinary work assignment, but also a company split and all other types of assignment of work.
Article 14 (Possibility of separation)
Even in the event that any clause or portion of a clause of the Terms has been judged invalid or impossible to perform based on the Consumer Contract Act or another law or ordinance, the remaining provisions of the Terms and the remaining portions of the provisions for which a portion was judged invalid or impossible to perform will continue to have complete validity.
Article 15 (Governing laws and court of jurisdiction)
- The laws of Japan will be the governing laws for the Terms and the service use agreement. Agreement will be made that, even in a case in which sale of goods arises in the Service, application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods will be excluded.
- Tokyo District Court will be the court of exclusive jurisdiction in the first instance for all disputes caused by or related to the Terms or the service use agreement.
- Formulated on August 28, 2018